Ecommerce Editor - Fashion and Beauty (Maternity cover)
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Ecommerce Editor (Fashion and Beauty) to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
The Ecommerce Editor (Fashion and Beauty) will join Hearst’s Central Ecommerce Team and be responsible for growing shoppable fashion and beauty content across Hearst UK’s brands.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Collaborate with Hearst’s brand editors, including Red, Cosmopolitan and ELLE, to plan and execute a multi-platform ecommerce content strategy for fashion and beauty.
- Grow output and revenue for fashion and beauty ecommerce verticals in line with brand strategies.
- Write accurate, expert-led fashion and beauty ecommerce articles – news, buying guides, features, reviews and deals pages — daily in line with brands’ tone of voice.
- Stay on top of market trends and new launches, and forge relationships with retailers and PRs.
- Manage the Beauty Ecommerce Writer and Fashion Ecommerce Writer, including editing copy and managing day-to-day tasks and duties.
- Work with the SEO team to ensure all fashion and beauty ecommerce content is fully optimised and updated regularly.
- Help Hearst brands diversify their fashion and beauty ecommerce audience channels, for example across newsletter, video and social.
- Work with the affiliate team to ensure all fashion and beauty content is fully optimised and support with additional commercial opportunities when needed.
- Support Hearst brands over key shopping periods, for example Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Use analytical tools to create regular reports and track performance.
- A fashion and beauty expert with experience writing ecommerce content across both verticals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce engaging, accurate and original copy at pace.
- Experience with hands-on product testing and creating original imagery and videos.
- Experience writing editorial ecommerce content for multiple publishers.
- Good knowledge of affiliate linking and platforms.
- Good knowledge of SEO best practice.
- Ability to use analytical tools to implement improvements.
- Strong knowledge of consumer shopping trends and the digital landscape.
- Experience working with PRs to get the inside scoop on new product launches.
- Experience using content management systems.
- Experience using Photoshop.
- Management experience is desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – three days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organisation the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.