Features Writer - Prima
London, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Features Writer - Prima to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Prima is the ultimate lifestyle brand for the mid-life woman. We’re here to make the everyday that bit brighter, more fun and affordable. We have a wonderful mix of health, fashion, food, homes, beauty, quick tips and advice and our real life features are about breaking new ground, tackling the subjects that matter to our readers with care, honesty and positivity. Our readers are at the very heart of all we do and we bring them the confidence and knowledge to live their best lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Features Writer working in a small busy features team of two, you will be responsible for coming up with ideas for imaginative and unique features that will capture the readers’ imagination, break new ground and lead to increased reader engagement. Whether compelling, excusive real life stories or zeitgeist reports about topics our readers really care about, you will source, interview, and write and be responsible for seeing the pages through to print. You will also be expected to work across all platforms of the Prima brand, with time dedicated to writing for our online site. You must be enthusiastic, passionate about news and current affairs, have a good understanding of the celebrity world and what matters to our readers.
The key duties for this role include:
- Proven experience of writing for consumer brands.
- The ability to come up with great ideas on a constant basis.
- Great writing skills, knowing how to write to a tight word-count and to come up with smart and original copy.
- You must be a fast worker, with excellent time-management skills. You will be organised and able to work well under pressure, dealing with challenges calmly and efficiently. You will often be juggling a number of assignments at a time and working across different magazine issues.
- You must have a good understanding of writing online copy and a solid knowledge of SEO.
- You must be passionate about Prima, wanting to provide the best service to the reader by keeping up to date and answering all reader queries on a daily basis
- You must have a good understanding of legal issues when interviewing and writing.
- You’ll need to read and check proofs of your features and be responsible for accuracy throughout.
- You must be a great communicator, keeping the Features Director and other department heads updated on copy and pictures to enable the smooth functioning of the section.
Please include a cover letter with you application outlining your reasons for applying and suitability for the role.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – three days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organisation the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.