Ecommerce Editor – Digital Spy
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as Digital Spy’s Ecommerce Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
The Digital Spy Ecommerce Editor will be responsible for executing Digital Spy’s ecommerce strategy and growing content across its core shopping verticals, including tech and entertainment.
About The Role
- Work with the Editorial Ecommerce Director, Digital Spy Editor-In-Chief, and Digital Spy's Managing Editor to create and lead on a multiple-platform content strategy to grow Digital Spy’s ecommerce offering.
- Write accurate, expert-led ecommerce articles – news, buying guides, features, reviews, and deals pages - on a daily basis in the Digital Spy house style.
- Stay on top of market trends and new launches in Digital Spy’s core ecommerce verticals, across entertainment, tech, events, and beyond, and forge relationships with retailers and PRs.
- Edit and publish ecommerce content from the Digital Spy and central content teams.
- Work with the SEO team to ensure all ecommerce content is fully optimised and updated regularly.
- Help diversify Digital Spy’s ecommerce audience channels, for example across newsletter and social.
- Work with the affiliate team to ensure all content is fully optimised and support with additional commercial opportunities when needed.
- Lead planning and strategy for all key shopping periods, including Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, and Christmas.
- Use analytical tools to create regular reports and track performance.
- Be a brand ambassador, upholding Digital Spy and Hearst UK values at all times.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications, and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- This role may occasionally include working outside of core working hours, including on evenings, weekends, and public holidays in return for TOIL.
- You’ll be an ecommerce expert and have experience writing across multiple verticals, primarily in tech or with a genuine passion for tech.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce engaging, accurate, and original copy at pace.
- Experience with hands-on product testing and creating original imagery.
- Experience creating and managing in-depth editorial plans.
- Experience using analytics tools to implement improvements.
- Strong knowledge of consumer shopping trends, particularly within the tech space.
- Experience working with PRs to get the inside scoop on new product launches.
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape.
- Organised, meticulous, and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Good knowledge of affiliate linking and platforms.
- Experience using content management systems.
- Experience using Photoshop.
What We Offer
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Three days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organisation the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.