Live Culture Editor, 12 month FTC
Location: i Headquarters – London
Position: 12 month fixed term contract with potential to extend
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is looking for a brilliant Live Culture Editor to help drive and develop our digital culture content. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of our culture content with a focus on expanding our digital focus. Reporting into the Culture Editor, this is a highly creative, fast-paced role with huge potential for professional growth. This is a maternity leave contract with scope to extend further.
Key areas of responsibility
- Drive and oversee daily ‘live’ digital content across platforms to develop I's culture vertical
- Create and execute strong digital-first culture content ideas that help build habitual audience growth
- Work closely with the digital publishing editor and audience team to find new audiences
- Commission and edit compelling features and reviews across all cultural genres, from TV and music to stage and books
- Help the culture team secure high-profile interviews with leading figures in the world of arts and entertainment to drive online engagement
- Contributing to culture forward-planning as well as assisting in the coordination of major events such as the Oscars, Glastonbury and Eurovision
- Monitoring content using data and reader feedback to ensure audience needs are met
Skills and experience
- Strong ideas to create differentiated culture content and significant digital publishing experience
- Demonstrable editing experience and the ability to write sparkling and engaging copy
- Deft at identifying ideas and trends that can be turned into impactful feature journalism
- Commissioning experience on a national Culture or Features desk
- Expansive contact book of culture industry publicists and excellent writers
- Deep knowledge of popular culture and the arts agenda
- A commitment to i's editorial standards of impartial and incisive coverage
- Good knowledge of media law and the Editors’ Code of Practice
To apply, please click 'apply now' enclosing a CV and a cover letter, including two ideas for compelling digital culture projects and a proposal for developing i's online cultural content.
i is Britain's youngest national news publisher. We produce original reporting, intelligent opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, i is also a successful digital subscriber business and in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards).
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.