Financial News, the leading publication for City professionals, is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic journalist to cover the trading divisions of the world's biggest investment banks.
Successful candidates will break news and writing in-depth features on the world's biggest banks, with a focus on their sales and trading units. This is a great opportunity for a journalist to break news on some of the largest and high profile institutions in Europe, and interview some of the biggest names in the financial sector.
You will develop relationships with senior trading executives in London, and break the biggest stories that matter to those both in and outside of the industry.
When you join Financial News, you become part of Dow Jones, one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. We deliver newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television – including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands such as Barron's, MarketWatch and the Wall Street Journal. You will report to the Deputy Editor.
- Produce feature-length stories on the sales and trading beat.
- Report stories that are agenda-setting.
- Develop a deep network of sources.
- Engage with a broader audience through social media.
- Write short pieces for the Financial News online news desk where relevant.
- Help produce content for projects team where relevant.
Key skills required
- 2-4 years of reporting experience
- Produce fast, clean, compelling and accurate copy
- Experience developing a broad network of well-placed sources
- Demonstrate understanding of digital journalism concepts and digital storytelling techniques.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the beat.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work as a team and cover for other reporters/editors where required.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area: BG - MARKETWATCH
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Union Status: Non-Union role