Prospect is Britain’s leading monthly current affairs magazine and website. It is an independent and eclectic forum for writing and thinking, across print, digital and audio. Since its founding 28 years ago, Prospect has been politically independent, with no party-political affiliation or agenda. It is supported by a trust as well as by subscribers and advertisers. The magazine is entering perhaps its most ambitious period yet, and is undertaking a programme of change that will transform Prospect into a thriving digital-first, multi-channel media company. It is edited by Alan Rusbridger, former editor of the Guardian.
Head of digital audience
The head of digital audience role sits at the very heart of Prospect’s small but highly motivated editorial team. Reporting to the managing editor, the head of digital audience’s primary responsibility will be making sure that Prospect journalism is expertly curated for our current digital audiences—and reaches new ones too—through our digital platforms, including our home page, app, newsletters and podcasts.
- Updating the layout and order of our home page and app to make Prospect journalism even more accessible and engaging to our readers
- Workshopping and distributing curated content emails and app push notifications to boost reader awareness of and engagement with Prospect journalism
- Working with key editorial stakeholders to evolve Prospect’s social media strategy
- Creating and distributing, in collaboration with Prospect’s creative team, content for all Prospect’s social media platforms
- Collaborating with colleagues working in marketing and product to help reach our subscription and registration goals
- Drawing on data to inform decisions about editorial content and distribution models
- Developing feedback channels to encourage more audience participation and response
- Collaborative. A team player who will get stuck into a range of challenges
- A strategic thinker, who has extensive experience using analytics tools and data to inform editorial decisions
- Direct experience of producing editorial newsletters and shaping and implementing social media strategies
- Highly knowledgeable about the digital publishing landscape and emerging media trends
- Experienced in creating and curating high-quality editorial content for engaged audiences
- Impeccable subbing, editing and production skills
- Able to craft shining copy from complex, nuanced stories
- Experience using the Adobe suite
- Proven ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and departments and experience working collaboratively within multi-discipline teams
- A solid understanding of Prospect’s editorial values
- Some experience in video would be a strong advantage
- Experience working with or an understanding of subscription-based business models
- Knowledge of how best to curate communities
- Some management experience would be a plus
The role is based in our Westminster office at 2 Queen Anne’s Gate, SW1H 9AA from Mon–Thurs, with remote working on Fridays. Further flexibility may be considered for the right candidate. Prospect is a small, friendly and ambitious company that values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, gender identity, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
How to apply
Please submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter of no more than 800 words on why you are a perfect fit for the role. Applicants invited for interview may be required to complete additional exercises. Applications close 11.59PM(GMT), 14th February.