Location: i Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is seeking a brilliant Science Writer specialising in explanatory, reported long-form features to expand our coverage of consumer science and health. This role will produce accessible, richly detailed deep dives as well as sparky opinion columns and quick, reactive analysis of breaking science stories, including fact-checks and debunks. We are looking for a writer who wears their specialist knowledge lightly, with the ability to craft beautifully written, sharp features that inform our intelligent readers. This is a key role for i at an exciting time in its digital development.
- Conceive, develop and deliver long-form science features, including explainers, fact-checks reported features and opinion.
- Generate creative, engaging ideas inspired by the news agenda as well as timeless off-diary angles and themes.
- Work with our specialist editor to plan exclusive interviews and long-term projects with genuine digital impact.
- Develop and maintain an engaging newsletter that offers our digital subscribers a reason to return every week.
- Liaise with editors across our newsroom to ensure science writing is promoted across all platforms.
- Use analytics to inform and help drive commissioning, working with the audience team to optimise content for the widest possible audience.
- Act as an ambassador for i at events when required.
Please submit a covering letter, your CV and three ideas for original, illuminating longform features that would help drive subscriptions for i.
Launched in 2010, i is Britain's youngest national news publisher delivering trusted, non-partisan public interest reporting. Through deep reporting, incisive commentary and must-read lifestyle journalism, i built a strong digital subscriber audience , grown its reach to over 11m users a month and broken some of the biggest scoops in UK journalism – while maintaining a healthy print circulation. Growing in influence and profitable, i is shortlisted for news website and national newspaper in the 2024 Press Awards, and is a recent winner of Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards).
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.