Deputy Audience Editor (Late)
Location: i Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is looking for a Deputy Audience Editor to join our newsroom as we accelerate our digital subscriptions growth. This is a creative position on our Audience Team, playing a key role in building a deeper relationship with i's audience across multiple platforms. The Deputy Audience Editor will lead our distribution work from the afternoon into the evening, connecting our social and homepage audiences with brilliant journalism.
You will work closely with other editorial staff, supporting a growing newsroom with specific and actionable feedback, and collaborating in a team that operates across social, SEO, video, notifications, homepage and newsletters.
This position has a wide variety of opportunities to learn, both within the audience team, as well as in the wider newsroom and publishing house.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Post and schedule stories on all major social media platforms, with quick, accurate and impactful social posts, and innovating new formats and posts to maximise the success of the account.
- Work closely with news editors and senior executives on plans to develop and executive our distribution strategy.
- Be a first point of contact for the newsdesk into the evening, ensuring that our best journalism is effectively distributed, as well as providing feedback that will help the newsdesk to focus its resources effectively.
- Write engaging, accurate headlines for social, homepage and SEO when required, as well as producing and sending newsletters as needed.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors, pre- and post-publication, to work on framing of articles that leverages off-platform performance and readers’ interest.
- Use analytics to inform decision-making on which articles to distribute, where.
- Contribute to audience projects and work alongside the Social Media Editor, Homepage Editor and Head of Digital in forming strategies to grow our audiences, especially focused on loyal and returning readers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with at least 3-4 years experience working in a fast-paced media environment.
- Skilled at adapting stories for social media, and an understanding of Homepage, notification and newsletter curation strategy.
- Experience to using audience data to inform decision-making and forward planning.
- Experience in building, growing and maintaining newsroom audiences.
- Knowledge of emergent platforms and trends in digital media.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease working within teams.
i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, i has been named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards).
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.