Location: i Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is looking for a talented Designer and Infographics Artist with a strong visual identity to support our current team as we accelerate our digital subscription model. We are looking for someone who is passionate about digital storytelling and converting complex data and narratives into visually appealing, interactive, and user-friendly graphic elements.
The successful candidate will join our production team, working across multiple products and platforms to elevate and enhance our journalism. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious team at a key moment in i’s growth.
- Create eye-catching digital infographics and stunning visuals to enhance our coverage of news, sport and features.
- Design and develop visual content and interactive infographics which are optimised for mobile platforms – with a focus on deepening our audience’s engagement.
- Use statistics and data to bring stories to life, helping to enrich readers’ understanding of complex issues.
- Contribute ideas to the production of visual journalism at i.
- Collaborate with editorial colleagues to translate news stories and data into compelling graphic narratives.
- Work for both i’s digital and print platforms, bringing flair and brand continuity across products, following brand guidelines.
- Manage projects from concept through to execution, ensuring all work is delivered on time and to the highest standard.
- Ability to produce compelling and creative visual journalism.
- Passion for news and storytelling, with a keen eye for detail.
- Innovative approach to visualising and presenting information.
- Good communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a newsroom would be an advantage – must be comfortable with working on fast-moving projects.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro, Figma or other graphics software.
- Familiarity with WordPress or a similar digital CMS is advantageous.
- Proactive approach to ideation and planning.
- A portfolio showing examples of imaginative infographic design.
i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, i has been named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards).
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.