Entertainment Editor – Women’s Lifestyle
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join our Women’s Lifestyle group as our new Entertainment Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will support the Group Entertainment Director with talent bookings and negotiations across print, digital, and video platforms. Serving as the primary contact for Women’s Lifestyle editors on Cosmopolitan, Prima, and Red, you will help coordinate Women’s Lifestyle covers, ensuring a consistent strategy. Responsibilities include talent booking for interviews, commissioning and editing pieces, writing profiles, and collaborating with teams on video franchises. You play a key role in talent management for brand events, deputise for the Group Entertainment Director when needed, oversee junior staff, and maintain awareness of new entertainment releases through relationships with publicists and attendance at launches and events. You will also support the Entertainment Editor (Luxury) and Special Projects Entertainment Editor.
- Oversee talent negotiations across Hearst’s Women’s Lifestyle titles across all brand platforms, including print, digital and video.
- Work closely with the Group Entertainment Director and Editor-in-Chiefs to provide a consistent talent strategy across the brands in keeping with their KPIs.
- Book and oversee the execution of the brands’ covers.
- Book talent for entertainment led interview slots, as well as commissioning and editing the pieces, and writing them when needed.
- Booking talent for video franchises with the support of the Entertainment Booker.
- Oversee the booking of talent for brand events, with the support of the junior members of the team.
- Work closely with HMI, Hearst US and the global talent teams, as required.
- Attending cover shoots and video shoots.
- Participating in creative brainstorms.
- Writing print and digital profiles and entertainment features when required.
- Help with the day to day management of junior members of staff.
- Attending screenings and entertainment launches.
- A strong interest and knowledge of entertainment and pop culture (music, television, film, books, social, digital).
- Substantial experience working as part of an entertainment team on a magazine, newspaper, website, or as a talent booker/entertainment producer for radio or TV.
- Experience booking talent / celebrities for magazine photo shoots / video shoots / TV / Radio appearances.
- A brilliant network and contacts book of entertainment PRs and publicists.
- Positive and collaborative.
- A journalist qualification such as an NCTJ diploma would be preferable but is not essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Three days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Please submit a cover letter and your CV.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.