Special Projects Entertainment Editor
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join our us as our new Special Projects Entertainment Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will play a crucial role in supporting the Group Entertainment Director by handling talent negotiations and bookings across diverse brand platforms, including print, digital, video, and events. You will serve as the main point of contact within the Entertainment team for the Events team and Commercial operations. In this role you will collaborate with the Group Entertainment Director to manage external talent teams and negotiations for editorial productions with a commercial aspect. Balancing the editorial-commercial space, you contribute to projects involving covers, digital, and video content. Additionally, you will be instrumental in overseeing talent negotiations for brand events and ensuring commercial partners' talent needs are met. The role involves close collaboration with Group Entertainment Editors for Luxury and Women’s Lifestyle. You might also deputise for the Group Entertainment Director, assisting with junior staff management, staying updated on entertainment releases, maintaining relationships with publicists, and actively participating in launches and events.
- Supports the Group Entertainment Director on talent negotiations
- Oversee talent negotiations for any editorial productions with a commercial element, across all brand platforms, including print, digital, video and events.
- Oversee talent negotiations for brand events, such as Harper’s Bazaar’s Women of the Year, and the ELLE Style Awards
- Ensuring commercial partners’ talent requirements are met on brand events
- Work closely with the Events team
- Work closely with Commercial Operations
- Attending shoots
- Participating in creative brainstorms
- Attending screenings and entertainment launches
- Help with the day to day management of junior members of staff
- A strong interest and knowledge of entertainment and pop culture (music, television, film, books, social, digital).
- Five years’ experience working as part of an entertainment team on a magazine, website, or as a talent booker/entertainment producer for radio or TV.
- Experience booking talent / celebrities for magazine photo shoots / video shoots / TV / Radio appearances.
- A brilliant network and contacts book of entertainment PRs and publicists.
- A journalist qualification such as an NCTJ diploma would be preferable but is not essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Three days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Please submit a cover letter and your CV.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.