London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us our as our new Homes Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for planning and producing editorial style, decorating and gardening content for Red and Prima across print and digital. This involves generating original content that can be used across multiple channels and the various brand platforms, as well as repurposing existing editorial from the Hearst network and archives.
- Strong awareness of the Red and Prima ethos and style and able to create on-brand content that is engaging, seasonal, informative, and beautiful
- Attend meetings to confirm content
- Support the Homes and Gardens Director in producing, researching, writing, editing, and commissioning features from concept to final sign off
- Working on decorating features and shopping pages as required
- Assist in managing costs and deadlines to ensure that content is always delivered on time and on budget
- Represent brands at commercial, PR and client events
- Stay abreast of consumer and homes trends and share with team on a regular basis
- Conduct competitor research, including sourcing tearsheets and creating moodboards
- Generating ideas for stories, features, shopping pages
- Assisting in admin
- Helping keep homes cupboard in order
- A keen interest in interiors, trends, craft, shops and design
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to work well and confidently in a team and across the different brands
- Must have a conscientious and meticulous manner and approach to all tasks
- Visual skills - an eye for detail and design
- Knowledge of the industry
- Experience in print and digital
- Exceptional creative conceptual skills, and the ability to translate into high quality editorial
- Strong visual eye with a good understanding of the Red and Prima style and audience and how to plan, create and deliver content for multi-channel use.
- Commissioning, editing, and writing skills with an ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly collaborative, can-do attitude and good communication and listening skills who will work well with the team
- Ability to use PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Censhare
- MAC/PC literate including Microsoft Office
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Three days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.