Job Role: Chief Subeditor
Job Type: Permanent, full time
Salary: On application
Cultureshock is a creative media agency with more than 20 years of experience working with cultural institutions and their partners, including global brands, hotels, and luxury lifestyle clients.
We have more than 30 creative and publishing specialists in our London office, as well as representatives in LA and New York, many of whom have worked with some of the leading brands in the world.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated, calm, and approachable chief subeditor to join our agency team.
In brief, the role is to support the production editor in the production of a fast-paced and diverse publishing programme. This includes magazines, annual reviews, books, proposals, and digital/social media campaigns.
High levels of organisation, attention to detail and a passion for culture and publishing are essential.
- Copyedit, proofread and fact-check copy across projects, including magazines, books, annual reviews, and digital content.
- Sub-edit on layout across projects
- Review work by editorial contractors
- Liaise with other departments, including editorial, design and ads.
- Oversee the editorial process, set deadlines, and ensure they are met.
- Deputise for the production editor in their absence.
- Liaise with clients on schedules and changes to content.
- Write captivating headlines, standfirsts and captions.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
- Proficient in InDesign, Acrobat, MS Office and Google Drive, with some knowledge of Photoshop and project management tools such as Trello
- At least two years’ experience in a deputy chief subeditor role, preferably on a national/consumer/specialist title
- Strong understanding of print publishing processes
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure across multiple projects, while maintaining high standards
- Experience of scheduling and flat planning for magazines/publications
- Skilled in different writing styles and tone
- Meticulous and organised with a keen eye for detail.
- Knowledge of media law
Click Apply now and send us your CV and covering letter.