Lyonsdown, Editor - The Daily Telegraph and the Guardian
Lyonsdown is a publisher of b2b special reports distributed with The Daily Telegraph and the Guardian. This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for an experienced editor brimming with fresh and exciting ideas to join our growing in-house team.
You will develop our newspaper supplement brands covering business, technology, management and investment. We want someone that aspires to win awards for their work and our publications.
As the ideal candidate you will be apt at generating strong, agenda-setting ideas and should have an intrinsic understanding of what makes a brilliant feature for our affluent, high-level business readers. You should also have experience of commissioning pieces on a diverse range of subjects.
• You will have excellent copy editing skills and an extensive contacts book of freelance writers, experts, agents and PRs.
• You will have a natural ability to transform tired, lacklustre copy into an engaging, emotional or fun read, be adept at writing original headlines and standfirsts, drive new ideas and identify trends ahead of our rivals, and work alongside the production team to create visually stunning pages.
• You will manage and coach a newly formed editorial and production team.
• You will work closely with the publisher and be responsible for the planning and editing of over 40 special reports each year, therefore first-rate organisation, communication skills and ability to work to deadlines are absolutely vital.
• The right candidate will be a big thinker and be bursting at the seams with innovative thoughts and original ideas about how our titles can be editorially and commercially unsurpassable.
• You will be adept at developing brand values and understand the importance of creating a passionate culture and professional structure around a title.
• You will be comfortable juggling a number of tasks, be able to keep calm under pressure and consistently deliver.
• You will prepare media kits and other select marketing copy to make everything consistent with the brand values you develop.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV, critique of our business turnaround report (no more than 500 words), 5 feature ideas not covered in the report with cover lines to: email@example.com
Link to business turnaround report: