Imagine Publishing, Sub-Editor - Video Games
SUB EDITOR - VIDEOGAMES
Imagine Publishing, a worldwide multimedia content producer within the technology, photography, knowledge and videogames market sectors, is looking for a talented and motivated Sub Editor to join its Videogames Department.
Reporting to the Senior Sub Editor and Editor-in-Chief, the successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day subbing, proofing, and workflow management of two of Imagine’s most exciting magazines. You will ideally be familiar with InDesign and must be highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
Previous sub-editing experience is not essential but is preferable.
The successful candidate for this role will also need:
• Superb attention to detail and the ability to recognise grammatical errors.
• A working knowledge of videogames and the ability to spot factual errors.
• Excellent self-discipline, organisational and time management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well in a tight-knit creative team.
• The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Good writing skills, with the ability to craft and polish headlines, standfirsts and body text.
• The ability to follow and contribute towards Imagine Publishing’s house style.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign is preferred but not essential.
In return we can offer:
• A successful, creative working environment.
• Generous holiday and salary package.
• Career progression opportunities.
• Great social activities programme.
• Prime location in central Bournemouth - just a 5 minute stroll from the beach.
• 4½ day working week.
Does this sound like you? Then we'd like to talk to you now. Please apply including your CV, covering letter and salary expectations - applications without salary details may delay the process.