Weekly Telegraph & Expat Channel, Content Editor
Content Editor, Weekly Telegraph & Expat Channel
The role involves the day-to-day management of the Expat Channel online and the Weekly Telegraph iPad edition, with additional support for the print edition. The site and weekly edition are designed to keep Britons living abroad in touch with home and to help make their lives abroad better and easier.
Key duties on the website include:
- being the 'face' of the Expat channel online, blogging and tweeting on a daily basis, and engaging with users
- formatting relevant copy from the paper for online publication
- keeping the website up-to-date
- supervising/editing other bloggers
- producing picture galleries
- writing, commissioning, editing and formatting online news stories/guest blogs
- maintaining social media profiles on Twitter and Facebook
- helping to launch and run competitions (this involves looking after the Expat Directory - dealing with technical problems, reader queries etc)
- creating additional content for the site (such as news stories/interviews) when possible
- preparing the twice-weekly email bulletins
On top of this, there is also about one day a week subbing on the paper, and one day formatting stories from the paper for the iPad.
Would ideally suit a journalist who has had a year or more experience on a news website or paper, but smart graduates with the right background and work experience will also be considered. All candidates should possess the flair, vision and initiative to help shape the future of the Telegraph weekly offering from a digital perspective.