Chemist+Druggist, Senior Reporter
Senior Reporter, C+D
Full time, permanent London SE1 9UY
Breaking exclusives and delivering in-depth investigative and analytical journalism are what this role is all about.
Chemist+Druggist is seeking a talented journalist to join its multi-award winning team. C+D is UBM's flagship brand serving the UK’s multi-billion-pound community pharmacy sector.
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic and determined individual committed to furthering their career in business journalism as a Reporter.
Working within a dynamic editorial team, you will be responsible for helping to ensure that C+D is first with breaking news as well as setting the news agenda and delivering in-depth coverage. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills across the brand’s portfolio of platforms, contributing to C+D’s editorial strategy and delivery across print, digital and face-to-face.
You will have:
• experience as a reporter on a newspaper, magazine or website
• a strong news sense
• a proven track record of meeting daily deadlines as well as handling breaking news
• a proven track record of making and maintaining contacts and interviewing high-profile figures
• a proven track record of delivering exclusives, in-depth investigations, analysis and hard-hitting campaigns
• a proven track record of transforming data into compelling and interactive content, including infographics
• a proven track record of using social and new media to engage with your audience and develop a community
• attention to detail
• up-to-date knowledge of media law
You will be:
• calm under pressure
• brimming with ideas for investigative, interactive, campaigning and data-driven journalism
• excited about using new and social media to develop audience engagement
• capable of quickly getting to grips with complex topics
The subject matter you will cover is wide-ranging and varied: from global companies such as Alliance Boots and GlaxoSmithKline to the business and professional challenges facing the 20,000 community pharmacists working in the UK; from government policy and contract negotiations to working conditions and how the industry is cutting its carbon footprint.
Knowledge of primary care or a clinical background would be an advantage but are not essential – although a willingness to learn is.
Based at Blackfriars in central London, this is a role made for someone wanting to enjoy business journalism at its innovative best.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by March 29, 2013
C+D is part of the global healthcare division of UBM. C+D’s office is located on Blackfriars Road, just 10 minutes walk from Waterloo Station.