Parkers, Staff Writer
What’s the brand?
Parkers is an extremely successful automotive brand with a range of multi-media products. The award-winning website is ranked by Hitwise as the UK’s leading destination for UK car buyers and is one of Bauer Media’s most successful online brands. A rare opportunity has arisen for an ambitious journalist to join the Parkers team as staff writer.
What is the job?
• Writing car reviews, first drives and advice for car buyers and company car drivers
• Accruing an in-depth knowledge of modern carsand what separates good from brilliant
• Being a key driver of Parkers social media strategy
• Leading the development and driving the success of Parkers’ newsletters
• Attending car launches and industry events both in the UK and abroad
• Help update reviews, valuationsand ensure site content is bang up to date and accurate
• Know car buyers better than they know themselves
What skills are needed?
• Qualified, practicing journalist
• A clear and accurate writing style
• Instinctively know best practice for writing online
• Ability to spot jargon, clichés and PR fluff instantly
• A strong grasp of all forms of digital media
• In-depth knowledge of newsletters and what separates okay ones from best in-class
• A good understanding of UK car buyers and a passion for cars is also very desirable
Who are we looking for?
You will be a qualified, practising journalist and either looking for your first break in motoring journalism or looking for your next step on. You are likely to obsess about digital media, instinctively know how to get the best out writing for online and likely to run your own blog or website. You will be very organized, thrive on pressure and enjoy hitting deadlines time and again. Bags of enthusiasm and willingness to get involved in new projects are essential traits, plus knowledge of modern cars, car buyers and company car drivers very welcome.
Then send a CV, a covering letter explaining why you’re the ideal candidate along with a 250-word summary of a new car written with the Parkers user in mind.
Then send to:
Leise Enright, Parkers, Bauer Media, Media House, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA. Alternatively, e-mail your CV, covering letter and 250-word car review to email@example.com o later than February28th 2012.
The role is based in Peterborough at Media House and the right candidate will be entitled to a competitive salary, a range of benefits that comes from working for the largest privately-owned publisher in Europe and a career development programme.