AOL UK, Homepage Editor
Purpose of role
AOL UK is looking for a new Homepage Editor. You will already have proven editorial experience, with a focus on sub-editing and online media publishing. Knowledge of a range of topics is required including News, Sport and Entertainment.
This is a subbing job that requires a keen eye for detail and is not suitable for those wanting to write articles. In addition, if you are self motivated and able to balance multiple demands this could be the job for you.
Key Role Accountabilities
• The successful candidate will update content on AOL UK’s Homepage, writing headlines and promos, sourcing and preparing images, checking URLs and uploading content using our CMS.
• Work with the Homepage Senior Manager and team to create and upload content.
• Actively contribute in meetings and brainstorming sessions for direction of the team and media department as a whole.
• Contribute to projects and launches when required.
• Work with picture editors to source, cut and publish photos when necessary.
• Uphold AOL editorial standards.
• Demonstrated experience of being able to work autonomously when needed, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• The ability to write eye-catching headlines and tight promos is essential. Experience of using Photoshop is desirable.
• Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise during busy periods are important.
• BA or BSc degree (or equivalent).
• Experience of working on a Homepage is a distinct advantage.
AOL Huffington Post Media Group UK is a division of AOL Huffington Post Media Group International that is responsible for AOL’s consumer media businesses outside of North America. AOL Huffington Post Media Group UK includes the editorial business operations of AOL’s consumer media business in UK, which include the Huffington Post UK, MyDaily, Parentdish and the AOL UK network of sites.
AOL UK is a top five digital media company in terms of audience, top three in IPA Media Owner Effectiveness Awards, and has continued to grow its rankings in each editorial vertical building brands such as MyDaily into the UK’s biggest women’s fashion and beauty site.
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion or trade union membership.