IDG Communications, Content Manager
Job Title: Content Manager
Reporting to: Head of Online
Location: 101 Euston Road, London, NW1 2RA
Basic salary: circa £25,000
Holiday: 25 days per annum
INTRODUCTION TO IDG:
International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading technology media, research and event company. Founded in 1964, IDG is a multi-billion dollar company with more than 13,000 employees worldwide. IDG's diverse portfolio spans 5 key areas including: print publishing, online and electronic media, events and conferences, market research and global marketing. IDG features the largest network of technology-specific web sites with more than 400 around the world and publishes over 300 magazines and newspapers globally. As a leading innovator in the fast paced and ever-changing world of technology, IDG offers tremendous challenges and opportunities for those with the vision, tools and drive to succeed.
We are currently looking to recruit a Content Manager to work on our B2B brands in the rapidly expanding and growing online side of the business. The successful applicant will ideally have at least 1-3 years of full-time experience in an editorially-driven content management or content development role, including experience in online marketing and community development. Ideally you will have recent experience working in B2B or publishing or both.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the content published on our B2B technology portfolio is fully aligned with the strategic goals of the business. The role will focus on managing a variety of editorial sources from in-house content and our 24 hour global newswire to content from our international network of sites. In addition to this a key function of the role will be based around developing and driving community strategy as part of the team.
Candidates skills will include:
Creation and editing of content, appreciation of web analytics / metrics, a solid understanding of SEO and a proven track record in traffic-driving through SEM, Social Bookmarking, and Community Development & Outreach.
Candidates will have a strong understanding of:
SEO, copywriting, project management, social media marketing & social bookmarking, web content management systems, traffic generation, website analytics (knowledge of Omniture ideal)
Ideally from the B2B publishing industry, the successful candidate will be a creative and detail-oriented professional who can hit the ground running and bring innovation and enthusiasm to this role. Primary responsibilities include:
• Planning & implementing content strategy to increase site traffic and stickiness
• Distributing content from IDG’s global newswire service across the UK portfolio
• Identifying and drawing content from IDG’s network of English language websites
• Packaging existing content to create new seasonal or special topic areas
• Developing new content initiatives
• Grow community through increasing reader engagement and interaction on the sites.
• Creating new opportunities for user-generated content and managing the areas.
• Ensuring content follows SEO / Social Media Marketing best practices.
• Keeping up with new social media sites/tools and their uptake in the Tech community. Helping to devise reader outreach programs for those that are relevant to our audiences