Road Transport Media (RTM) Ltd, Senior Reporter
Road Transport Media (RTM) Ltd, consisting of market-leading weeklies Commercial Motor and Motor Transport, monthly magazine Truck & Driver, and Roadtransport.com, is looking for a Senior Reporter to join its content team. The content team is responsible for producing a strong flow of high quality content covering the road transport industry for the two weekly titles and the group website.
With everything we buy having travelled on a truck at some point in its life, our publications cover one of the most vital sectors in the economy. The Senior Reporter will cover mainstream business news (rather than the technical mechanics of trucks) - everything from government initiatives, company financials, contract wins, business failures and acquisitions.
• Off-diary news and investigative reporting
• Experience of establishing and develop specific news beats
• Strong networking skills
• Good time-management
• Proficient knowledge of media law
• Able to use own initiative
• Develop specific news beats to provide exclusive, breaking-news week-in, week-out. (Beats to include: crime, trade unions, and home delivery sector.)
• Establish and maintain a strong network of contacts.
• Take over the running of the Lorry Crime blog.
• Develop own on-line identity via Twitter, Facebook and discussion forums.
• Assist the Group News Editor when the Deputy News Editor is out of the office with proofing and releasing stories to the web.
• Interview key individuals in the sector for both print and web-ready video.
• Source and write features, industry investigations, and analytical pieces.
• Edit and manage the weekly Viewpoint and Letters sections.
The vacancy is based at our offices in Sutton, Surrey and comes with a full package of benefits. Knowledge of the road haulage sector is advantageous but is not essential.
Please send a CV and if possible a few examples of your work to Laura Hailstone, email@example.com
If you’d like to discuss the position further please call Laura Hailstone on +44 20 912 2162.
Application deadline 6th June.