Estates Gazette, Senior Reporter - London or North of England
Estates Gazette is essential reading for everyone in the commercial property business. It provides the latest news, analysis and interviews with key figures, plus expert views and comment on all aspects of property. In print, online and through multi-media, Estates Gazette covers everything property related, from city-shaping retail developments and high profile regeneration schemes to multi-million pound investment deals and financial restructurings.
Our award-winning editorial team works across our subscription-only website EGi (and free-to-air site estatesgazette.com) and our weekly print title.
This vacancy offers a chance to join our 35-strong editorial team in a senior reporting role, working across online and print. The chosen applicant could be based in/close to a city within the North of England patch (Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield ) or based in London if they are willing to travel regularly to the North of England.
• Cover key stories and produce exclusives on the property market in the North East and North West of the UK: focusing principally on Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield. Additional responsibilities may be added depending on the experience of the candidate.
• Spend time in each of these markets on a regular basis to build up contacts and represent Estates Gazette at relevant events
• Turn daily announcements into high quality, tightly written news stories for on-line newswire service
• Generate ideas and write regular analysis pieces and longer feature articles and interviews
• Produce podcasts, blog posts and contribute to video reports
• As a senior reporter, take responsibility when appropriate for coordinating coverage in magazine and / or online
Key Skills Required:
• Proven news gathering and writing skills
• Multi-media skills would be an advantage - e.g experience of blogging, promoting news stories through twitter, recording podcasts and videos
• Educated to degree level or equivalent with formal journalism training. English and maths to a minimum of GCSE level
• Proven track record as a reporter or senior reporter on a B2B title or local newspaper, breaking stories and working to strict deadlines
• Experience of grasping new and complex subject areas
• Experience of building up and working a contact base to generate stories
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
Our rapidly developing online strategy focuses on meeting our user needs via community based information products & tools, data driven information services, vertical search products, including the leading B2B search engine, and online recruitment services. RBI is leading the B2B sector by developing innovative Web 2.0 online services and tools across a range of vertical markets, backed by established brands, investment in technology and a strong focus on user experience.
RBI General Benefits Package:
• Competitive Salaries
• Group Pension Scheme
• 29 Days Holiday
• Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
• Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)