Duty Free News International, Editor - Luxury Goods and Digital
Global market-leading monthly publication for niche travel-retail sector is looking for an experienced member of the editorial team for a role specialising in digital media publishing as well as involvement in all aspects of the print media edition.
We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and hard-working editorial team member to take on the responsibilities of overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of the digital side of the publication. The job also entails taking responsibility for the detailed coverage of an entire category of the market. You will be used to meeting tight editorial pres deadlines and will be working at the heart of the editorial production of the magazine and its associated publications, including the annual database & directory, thrice-annual sister publication and occasional magazine supplements.
The fulltime position is based in Croydon and entails a certain amount of international travel.
- Writing and publishing daily news stories
- Overseeing regular weekly newsletters and newsflashes as needed
- Liaising with the design team to update digital issues online
- Managing online banners (through Google DoubleClick for Publishers)
- Maintaining and growing the magazine’s social media presence
- Contributing editorial to the monthly print edition sister publication as required
- Helping with the production/set-up of the iPad edition of the magazine
- Taking responsibility for specific sections of the magazine
- Attending local and international press events and covering conferences/exhibitions on behalf of the publication
- Excellent written English
- Sub-editing/proofing experience
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience in using CMS
- Image-sourcing and editing experience
- Social media knowledge
- Foreign language skills beneficial but not essential
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org