Noble House Media, Community Editor
Hours: Full Time 9.30am-5.30pm
Noble House Media Ltd is a highly successful media owner and independent Publishing company based in Central London with a portfolio of leading brands in the mobile and wireless arena across a variety of media platforms. Our titles are in the consumer, b2b and contract publishing markets, as well as multimedia products and online communities and we have over 12 years experience in this field.
We are looking for a creative, inspired and motivated Community Editor for ISellMobile.co.uk, our multi-award winning project for people who sell mobile phones.
This role will put you squarely at the forefront of new digital publishing – and mobile technology.
You will be creating and broadcasting content to keep the UK retail community up to speed with news of mobile phone launches, operators and manufacturers. And you will keep them entertained with interesting discussions, polls, blogs and gossip.
But the fun – and challenging - part of this role is engaging our audience by turning content into conversations.
As Community Editor you will be working closely with our partners - exciting and exacting international consumer brands - helping them to engage and communicate with our audience. You must have great interpersonal skills so you can communicate at the highest level with our clients about their needs and aspirations. On another level, you must be comfortable dealing with technical colleagues in our development team so you can influence changes to our web site and mobile apps.
You will become the face of this exciting community. And become the host and personality of exciting and unique interactive events like Shop Idol, Store Manager of the Year and Product MasterMind that get our members buzzing with excitement.
- At least two years’ relevant experience in journalism, PR or social media.
- Journalism or media degree
- To empathise with members, you must be willing to thoroughly understand the sales and product training processes that dominate their working lives.
- Maintain and build relationships with community members
- Moderate site comments on a daily basis
- Generate ideas for internet content and projects
- Create short sharp news content for the benefit of members
- Create articles that present mobile products and services in a fun way.
- Encourage members to comment and participate in online conversation
- Actively encourage members to take part in high profile industry competitions and events.
- Develop the website and app
- Oversee our product database (tailoring base information provided by Mobile Choice to suit needs of retailers)
- Participate in management and strategy discussions
- Meet with clients and discuss engagement campaigns
- Identity community ‘champions’ to create engagement.
- Develop and manage different social media platforms to engage with members on a daily basis
- Participate in blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills ( written and verbal)
- Ability to network with members of the industry to gain trust and awareness
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Able to work well with different departments
- Have a good visual understanding of website and app user behaviour
- Demonstrate ability to produce community management guidelines and documents
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills, particularly in multitasking and time management
- Self starter
- Attention to detail
- Create, write and manage content for web, print and mobile apps.
- Able to feedback and update management on community trends and web analytics.
You will be reporting to David Nunn, content director. Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Covering letter stating why you are our ideal candidate, and include
- Full CV
- Examples of your work.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE