Computer Weekly, Business Editor
TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, Mumbai, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has openings for challenging and growth-oriented positions:
Business Editor, Computer Weekly
TechTarget is seeking an experienced technology journalist to manage all aspects of content production for one of the most important areas of the UK and European IT audience. This position will be part of the Computer Weekly editorial team in the UK, but will also liaise closely with the specialists working on TechTarget’s websites in Europe and the US.
The role involves managing and producing news, analysis, feature and multimedia content, as well as sourcing content from external experts relevant to the topic area.
The business editor will keep abreast of UK and European CIO and IT leadership trends, and the key IT issues affecting organisations in industry sectors including retail, government, financial services, manufacturing and others. A key part of the role is developing and maintaining close connections with UK IT leaders, and taking a central role in developing contacts with IT leaders in areas of continental Europe. The role involves researching and writing the majority of the CIO and industry sector content on the site, in the form of industry trend articles, breaking news, case studies, analysis or other original material relevant to CIOs and their peers.
The business editor will also work with the Computer Weekly editor in chief and editors of TechTarget’s French and German operations to ensure co-ordinated coverage across the group. The business editor is responsible for increasing traffic to the site from their target readers by leveraging search engine optimisation techniques, conducting user surveys and market research, analysing traffic reports, developing expert contributors and identifying partnership opportunities with UK-based organisations.
Candidates should have experience covering a technology beat, writing and editing content, and developing and executing on strategic editorial plans. The ideal candidate has existing knowledge of IT leadership and key public and private sectors, and all candidates must be comfortable learning about new technical concepts and writing for a technical audience. The editor will regularly travel to appropriate trade shows, conferences and user groups, in the UK and abroad.
Essential Job Functions:
- CIO / IT leader articles, interviews, issues across UK and Europe
- Industry sector issues across Europe – retail, financial services, government (including UK)
- Forging CIO contacts in other countries to enable Computer Weekly to run overseas CIO-focused events
- Reporting/writing UK and European trend stories, features, news, analysis pieces, photo stories and other content
- Working with global TechTarget editorial teams to develop and execute on content strategies based on market research, reader surveys and online data analysis
- Using content management systems, online reporting tools and other production systems
- Learning and leveraging search engine optimisation techniques in all content produced
- Developing and maintaining industry end-users and experts as sources, contributors or partners
- Writing content, assigning content, working with external contributors and editing copy
- Collaborating effectively with international editorial and operations teams
- Producing multimedia projects
- Leveraging social media and online communities for content ideas and site visibility
- Covering relevant conferences and events, including Computer Weekly events such as CW500
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Minimum of three years reporting and editing experience, preferably covering the IT industry
- Strong organisational and management skills, able to manage multiple projects, prioritise workload and hit deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, able to effectively work with an extended editorial team based in the UK, Europe and the US
- Experience with online production systems and reporting systems, experience with multimedia (video, audio, photo) and experience with social media platforms
- Knowledge of the basic fundamentals and ethics of news writing and editing; able to produce clear, concise copy.
Get On Board!
If you want to join a company that offers competitive salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment, apply here https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=6192431 To learn more, visit techtarget.com and follow us @TechTarget.