Secret Sales, Junior fashion writer
Junior fashion writer
Do you have a love for fashion and home interiors? secretsales.com are looking for a Junior fashion writer to join our developing Editorial team. Our culture and environment suits hardworking and passionate individuals with a desire to succeed. If you’re hungry with ambition and feel inspired to become part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce groups in the world, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Ensure that your work complies with the Secret Sales editorial tone of voice, brand values and customer promise.
- Have a good understanding of designers, trends, cuts and fabrics.
- Be aware of seasonal trends in fashion and homeware.
- Have the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- This role would suit a journalism graduate looking for their first step on the ladder.
- To adhere to the editorial style guide to ensure you meet brand guidelines and ensure consistency across all content you produce
- To write product descriptions for the website in accordance with our guidelines
- To be able to write quality editorial articles for our blog and developing online editorial
- To update our facebook and twitter channels in line with our social media strategy
- To be a representative for the company at press events and fashion shows
- To work closely with other teams in the business, including buying, marketing and design
- To keep up to date with fashion and on-line trends
- To keep up to date with changes in technologies
- To work on ad hoc projects as requested
- To be able to juggle multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated. Preferred degrees include English Lit, Journalism, or Fashion journalism
- Journalism diploma or equivalent qualification in journalism
Desired professional experience & know how:
- Copywriting experience ideally in a retail, fashion or luxury environment
- Experience in an on-line environment.
- Excellent grasp of English
- Strong sector knowledge preferred
- Good communication/ negotiation skills both written and oral
- Basic grasp of photoshop, word and excel
- Previous experience using CMS preferred
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Solution seeker
- Innovator in every detail
- Attention to detail
- Results driven
- Stylish and savvy understanding of fashion
If you would like to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with "Junior Fashion Writer" in the subject line.