Grand Designs Magazine, Editor
Editor – Grand Designs Magazine
Editorships on magazines like Grand Designs are rare. Established and respected, Grand Designs Magazine is the official publication to its namesake hit TV series on Channel 4. The editor has the privilege of working with some of the best emerging talent in the business and is charged with the mantle to protect and develop this infamous brand.
Salary £35,000-£40,000 depending on experience
Office Based – Loughton (Central Line)
To create, develop and manage the editorial content and direction of
Grand Designs Magazine. The editor is responsible for managing the editorial team, driving ideas, new content, setting up partnerships and associations and producing the monthly edition. Reporting to the publisher and working closely with the design and web teams, to deliver and develop a leading consumer title, ensuring that content is monitored and analysed to ensure its effectiveness to drive subscriptions and copy sales. The Editor is the ‘face’ of Grand Designs Magazine and must establish themselves as a leading figure within the top-end homes magazine community.
• To manage all aspects of the editorial offering of Grand Designs Magazine.
• To research and write feature content for the title.
• To attend events and client meetings to obtain partners for the title.
• To write stories and news for publication in the title.
• To commission articles from writers and experts for the title.
• To assist with image and picture research
• To attend and direct photo shoots.
• To help promote the title and generate PR.
• To become the ‘face’ of Grand Designs Magazine.
• To develop relationships with brand partners and sponsors.
• To help communicate the brand on-line.
• To assist in the expansion of the Grand Designs brand.