Yahoo!, Senior Editor - Women's Lifestyle
Job title: Senior Editor (Women's Lifestyle)
Reports to: Editorial Manager, UK
Yahoo! is the premier digital media company. We deliver your world, your way by creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most – across devices and around the globe. And it's the Yahoos behind the scenes who make this all possible. We are energetic, idea-driven people who are passionate about shaping the future of the digital world. So if this sounds like you, come show us what you've got.
Yahoo! UK & Ireland is looking for an experienced online editor to head-up the small team which runs Yahoo! Lifestyle as well as associated special projects.
Yahoo! Lifestyle is the UK's No.2 site for women (Comscore, March 2011), and massively popular with users and advertisers alike. But we're looking for someone to help take it to the next level - and to work on a number of exciting side projects too.
Current long-term promos include a fashion site developed in association with Diet Coke, and a diet and fitness special sponsored by Special K.
To be considered for the role, you'll need experience of editing a major women's interest website or section, and know exactly what makes female users click.
You'll have exceptional editorial skills (writing, commissioning and editing), and perhaps some experience working with video.
You'll be a strategic thinker, who loves planning, organising and delivering great content to large audiences, and who copes easily with change.
You'll also be an altruistic team player who gets a kick from mentoring and inspiring others. And you won't mind rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in when needed.
Sound like you - or close? Get in touch today!
• Lead the women's content team - currently consists of the Yahoo! Lifestyle editor, special project editor and an intern.
• Chair daily stand-up meetings with team to discuss news and content.
• Work with the front page team to ensure content is scheduled and promoted effectively.
• Lead brainstorming, scoping and production of editorial- and video-related special projects. [Note: this is significant within the women's team]
• Take full ownership of advance feature planning, as well as event-planning and coverage.
• Ensure relevancy, quality and timeliness of content (and constantly evaluate suitability of offering)
• Arrange cover (or deputise) in the absence of key editorial staff within the women's team.
• Represent the women's content team at management meetings.
• Find and nurture writing talent.
• Manage integration of user-generated content on Yahoo! Lifestyle.
• Monitor quality metrics and improve programming based upon them.
• Practice social media policies as defined by editorial traffic manager.
• Assist PMs, marketing and sales departments with research/work relating to product strategy, sales and promotion.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• Solid experience of editing/running a top 10 women's lifestyle website.
• Interest in/knowledge of a wide range of women's subjects, such as fashion, beauty, food, diet and fitness, parenting and relationships.
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and influential communication skills.
• First-class writing, commissioning and editing skills, and solid knowledge of the principles of writing for the web (including SEO)
• Experience of commissioning/producing video content considered a significant bonus.