Routes News, Editor
Insight Media is looking for a new Editor for Routes News, the world air service development magazine and official publication of UBM Aviation Routes events.
This is a key bi-monthly publication in Insight’s portfolio and offers the right candidate great scope for growth in the exciting world of airline route development.
In addition to editing the market leading b2b magazine, the successful candidate will also be expected to contribute stories to Airport World and Global Airport Cities magazines.
• Plan the editorial schedule, write and commission copy for the bi-monthly niche publication
• Work closely with the Group Editor to ensure that the editorial goals of UBM Aviation Routes are achieved
• Be the face of the magazine at global industry events
• Oversee the production process
• Work closely with the sales team to help grow the publication
A minimum of 18 months’ experience editing either a trade, b2b or customer magazine. Aviation industry experience would be a major plus but is not essential.
A second European language would be a bonus.
Skills and Attributes
This is a challenging, but highly rewarding role that requires a great news sense, the ability to make contacts across the industry and an editor who can work across different platforms.
You will be working within a global arena, so strong cultural awareness and a flexible approach is required. Extensive global travel is part of the job.
If you think you have the skills for the job please send your CV, a covering letter and at least three examples of your recent work to Group Editor, Joe Bates, at firstname.lastname@example.org