ICIS, Senior Editor - Sutton
Job Reference: 01259
Job Type: Permanent
Job Sector: Journalism
Date Posted: 22/06/2011 Add to shortlist > Apply: Senior Editor (J5) - ICIS - Sutton Description
ICIS operates as the world-leading chemical pricing service, offering unrivalled coverage of global energy, chemical and fertilizer markets through an integrated editorial team. ICIS has been established for 30 years, and commands the respect within the industry which you would expect from a long-term player, but with that we are still experiencing very quick growth as a brand and require a Senior Editor.
The role of the Senior Editor is to write a portfolio of high profile reports and ICIS news articles, and to contribute to price reports and news produced by others as appropriate, and in other areas as required. The role will also involve some sub-editing the price reports and/or news reports of colleagues.
As Senior Editor, you will primarily be responsible for covering the phosphates fertilizer market, speaking to international producers, traders and buyers to establish market trends and prices.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly command respect in the industry as an independent thinker who is not afraid to challenge industry players and provide a view on the market. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to think clearly under pressure, be able to assimilate facts and figures quickly, plus more esoteric factors such as governmental policy, for example export taxes or government subsidies and their effects on global supply and demand of fertilizers.
Eventually you may be required to give public presentations on areas of expertise along with visiting contact and clients, undertaking business travel as appropriate to promote reports and attend conferences and industry events.
Experience of the fertilizer market is not essential as full training will be given.
The position is based in Central London.
Maintaining high level reporting profile
- Conscientious news and pricing cover of key features of own markets(e.g. pricing, contracts, productions issuers, exports/imports, global context etc) through possession of high level of industry knowledge
- Ensuring own reports and news stories display correctly on the website.
- Take responsibility to monitor price database for accuracy and functionality
The role also incorporates some support to Senior Editor Managers in terms of:
- Helping out with recruitment of team members
- Providing ongoing training and coaching support
- Fully contributing to planning processes for news and pricing
- Excellent research and writing skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational and team working skills
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Analytical, quick thinking
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ideally demonstrable market reporting experience
- Proven track record in producing news and leading the news agenda
RBI General Benefits Package:
29 Days Holiday
Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
Life Insurance (4x salary)
Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
ICIS Pricing is part of Reed Business Information (RBI), a leading B2B online media and publishing company, with an award-winning portfolio of branded community websites, online subscription services, web based directories and search products. RBI has annual sales of £250 million vertical markets in the UK, Europe, USA and Asia