Get The Gloss, Sub-Editor and Production Coordinator
Get The Gloss is an award-winning health and beauty site founded by Susannah Taylor and Sarah Vine. With an ethos that you can have brains and beauty, we work with leading experts in the industry to bring our readers news, reviews, trends and inspiration.
We're looking for a talented sub-editor to review content for Get The Gloss, reporting into the Managing Editor. Day to day tasks will include proofing copy, improving it for SEO, setting it up for production on the site, and working with our writers and columnists to ensure that tight schedules are kept and production deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate:
Ideally you'll be familiar with and have a passion for health and beauty. A critical eye, an unflappable nature and a cheery manner are essential, as is the ability to multitask.
The role would suit a highly motivated self-starter with relevant journalistic and online experience. Rigorous attention to detail, an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar, sharp use of English language, flexibility and eagerness to learn are essential, as are good time management skills and CMS experience.
You'll be an amiable character with the ability to get a group excited about working to tight deadlines to ensure a smooth production flow.
Experience in using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator would be a plus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the standard of content is high, tagged correctly and adheres to best practice regarding SEO
- Sub-editing and uploading content to the CMS, including breaking stories throughout the day
- Ensure headlines and subheadings are punchy, enticing, accurate and in keeping with the house style
- Ensure copy comes in on time, stick to deadlines and chase up on late copy from internal and external writers
In return, we'll give you:
- A competitive salary and bonus/commission scheme
- Fast paced learning environment
- Opportunity to take ownership quickly
- Chance to work in a small lovely team
- Chance to learn about the beauty and health industry
- Access to the newest and best beauty and health products
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line Sub-Editor / Production Coordinator: Name