International Tax Review, Editor
International Tax Review is searching for an Editor to manage print and online content, and to represent ITR in the international tax market. We are a premium subscription product that gives tax professionals in industry, government, private practice and research and unbeatable, multi-media source of intelligence on the key areas of tax.
You will report to the Managing Editor and will be responsible for the compilation of articles, both commissioned and staff-written, for our monthly magazine and website, ensuring they have enough content of a sufficiently high quality across a broad range of topics and jurisdictions to compel readers to take out or renew their subscription to International Tax Review.
- Managing two / three journalists.
- Commissioning and sub-editing feature articles for the magazine and the website from tax advisers around the world.
- Commissioning features from the staff journalists and sub-editing them for the magazine.
- Writing news and features for the monthly magazine.
- Working with the production editor to design and lay-out the pages of the magazine.
- Writing original articles for our website and sending out the e-mails to readers.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with tax executives, officials and advisers, through regular meetings.
- Attending our own events and other important industry conferences and meetings.
- Establishing a profile for the publication with the mainstream media.
- Working with the publisher and managing editor, and other members of the editorial and sales teams, to identify editorially-driven commercial opportunities for the publication.
- Working with the magazine’s marketing team and managing editor to ensure the publication is being marketed effectively and monitoring web traffic.
- Contributing to ITR’s social media output to maintain and improve engagement.
- Providing a consistent, and high quality, number of leads to the subscription sales team.
Extra projects may include:
- Sending out the research material for the publication’s three annual awards ceremonies; compiling shortlists and judging the winners; managing all editorial material, including scripts for events.
- Managing the research process and team; editing the commissioned and contributing to and editing journalist-written articles for the magazine’s annual directory of the leading tax firms around the world.
- Editing the magazine’s quarterly supplements.
There will be opportunities to travel internationally to industry events – including our own - and on research trips.
For more information about International Tax Review visit www.internationaltaxreview.com
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of managing and developing an editorial staff, of working on own projects and in a team.
- A background in the policy and / or technical aspects of tax would be useful, but is not essential.
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- A well-organised and methodical editor.
- Capable of dealing with different work tasks simultaneously.