Construction News, Features Editor
Construction News is the flagship award-winning title for news and analysis of the UK's £90bn construction industry. We are strengthening our features coverage and due to internal promotion an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Features Editor to join the team and write, commission and edit features on national agenda-setting issues. Topics vary from the housing crisis, tackling climate change through to what makes a good leader and debating the substantial issues surrounding the delivery of HS2.
As a senior member of the 11-strong editorial team you’ll play a key role helping shape our content both in print online and across events. We’re looking for a journalist with flair, passion and bags of ideas, who can produce sparkling copy and work with others in the team to come up with creative concepts, cover ideas and inspire staff and freelancers to produce great stories.
- Running the features desk
- Line managing members of the editorial team
- Commissioning, writing and editing issue-based and technical features, including interviews and news-led features
- Working with the production team to come up with interesting concepts and cover ideas for presentation of stories
- Working with the associate editor (in charge of technical content) to produce must -read technical features
- Working with the commercial team on bespoke client content
- Working with the conference team to suggest ideas for content and speakers
- Developing excellent industry contacts and relationships with leaders of the UK’s biggest construction firms
- Contributing to editorial team initiatives and campaigns
- Using social media to promote your work and Construction News more widely
- Leading CN’s growth in subscriptions and using the website through outstanding editorial content
- 3-4 years’ journalistic experience with demonstrable feature writing ability
- Ability and appetite to understand complex issues quickly
- Demonstrable ability to generate good ideas and excellent organisational skills
- Able to work well as part of an integrated and established team
Construction News is the leading resource for news in the UK's construction industry. The opportunity has arisen for an ambitious News Editor to join the team and break agenda setting news stories that are picked up by the national Media. The Construction News team are passionate about quality journalism and daily news that is of value to their target audience.
You will manage our reporters and lead the development of our news content online and in the magazine. This will include researching and writing outstanding news and analysis; editing copy; line managing reporters; and coming up with cover and page layout concepts.
Salary and Benefits
EMAP is a fast-growing UK and MENA content and subscriptions business with a portfolio of market-leading brands operating in some of the most influential business sectors – fashion, retail, architecture, construction & engineering and building services.
We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision makers across these sectors through a mixture of content, subscription, data, digital products and networking events.
As a result, we have over 84,000 loyal, paying subscribers and over 50,000 events customers who derive value from our content, the relationships we help them form and the networks which we provide access.
EMAP is based in the vibrant Shoreditch / Old Street area, famed as the ‘Digital Hub’ of London boasting a huge variety of shops, bars and restaurants.
Our offices are modern, open planned (built around a ‘dynamic working culture’ of hot-desking) and spacious, boasting kitchens on each floor and working areas designed for private and collaborative working – breakout areas with leather sofas and a library.