August Media, Editorial all rounder
We have an opening for someone who is independent, able to interpret an editorial brief and then see it through to the end. We're looking for someone who is as comfortable covering a press event as they would be researching and writing a blog post or conducting a video shoot interview.
Working in both print and digital, the candidate should have the following skills:
- Feature writing (please provide three examples)
- News writing (we will give you a short test)
- Interviewing (from celebrities and business leaders through to ordinary people with remarkable stories)
- Strong focus on research and fact checking
- Ability to write in different editorial styles (e.g. business, lifestyle, commercial brochure, corporate report)
- Project management
The candidate will ideally have the following experience:
- 2-3 years working in a busy content-driven environment, ideally having held a position such as junior reporter, features writer, sub-editor or editorial assistant
- Comfortable using InDesign
- Comfortable using CMS (e.g. WordPress or Umbraco)
Please send your CV, a covering letter and up to three examples of articles, interviews or features you may have written.