chinadialogue, Deputy Editor
Deputy Editor at chinadialogue
Position: Deputy Editor
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience
Start time: November 2014
Application deadline: 13th October. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
chinadialogue is seeking an experienced Deputy Editor to join our London office. The ideal candidate would be a journalist and editor with a keen interest in environmental issues and international affairs.
The ideal candidate would be proactive, highly organised and self-motivated, with relevant professional experience paired with excellent writing and verbal communications skills, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in their work.
chinadialogue disseminates high-quality information and promotes communication on environment and climate change in both Chinese and English. We provide a space for open discussion, to inform and to contribute to equitable and constructive solutions to global environmental problems. We aim to foster a common purpose across political, ideological and cultural boundaries by publishing independent and accurate information on environmental and climate issues and by facilitating tolerant and constructive dialogue.
chinadialogue’s primary vehicle is its unique, bilingual web platform, www.chinadialogue.net. chinadialogue has offices in London, Beijing and Delhi.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to write and edit for chinadialogue as a key part of its London-based editorial team. The deputy editor will work closely alongside the managing editor.
- excellent writing, editing and commissioning skills;
- proven interest in environment and climate change issues;
- experience in web publishing, social media and use of CMS systems;
- ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts;
- strong project management and problem solving skills;
- ability to work independently.
- Chinese language skills;
- knowledge of Chinese current affairs.
- writing and researching articles and blogs;
- commissioning and editing content;
- coordinating translation of content and editing translated content;
- planning and coordinating special editorial projects;
- liaising with chinadialogue editorial teams in Beijing and Delhi on joint editorial projects and themes of mutual interest;
- working with Production Manager to prepare content for online publication and coordinate over selection of images to accompany content;
- uploading content to CMS system.
How to apply:
Please send a CV with references, covering letter and clippings to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted in English.
The application deadline is 13th October. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.