HFMWeek, News Editor
HFMWeek, the leading news and analysis resource for the global hedge fund community, is seeking a talented, ambitious and driven news editor to join its editorial team.
Published by specialist B2B information provider, Pageant Media, HFMWeek’s readership is made up of the senior management of hedge funds across the world, offering them unrivalled breaking news, in-depth analysis and insightful comment on the sector.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of HFMWeek’s nine-strong editorial team which works across London and New York. Based in our London office, they will be responsible for maintaining the quality of our news output across print and online.
They will need to be comfortable taking charge of a fast-paced news desk with a reputation for breaking a constant stream of exclusive stories and show a drive and enthusiasm that will help push the team to new heights of editorial excellence.
They will also be expected to build up and maintain a healthy hedge fund contacts book and will also be given a news patch to cover to ensure they are also contributing to the daily and weekly news cycle.
The successful applicant will also need to have a strong understanding of the way modern media outlets should be using digital media to drive their news coverage.
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity for career progression at an innovative and ambitious company.
Applicants must have:
· A strong track record as a news journalist breaking a steady stream of exclusive stories.
· Proven ability to edit copy in a timely manner within a competitive online news environment.
· A great understanding of the way digital media can be best used to engage with readers and provide innovative ways to fulfil their professional information needs.
· Managerial skills required to push a fast-paced news desk to new heights of excellence.
· Imaginative ideas to help HFMWeek deepen its relationship with the hedge fund sector through digital media. .
· Excellent networking skills. The candidate should have a proven track record of developing contacts and sources. We expect all of our journalists to regularly meet hedge fund senior management and relevant companies and to interact with their industry and readers.
· Excellent time management and organisational skills in juggling a busy schedule.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role to head of content Paul McMillan at email@example.com