Utelier, Online Content and Social Media Editor
Utelier is looking for its first Online Content and Social Media Editor to lead all content creation and social media activity. Reporting directly to the founder, this is a pivotal role that supports the platform’s rapid expansion. This entrepreneurial and highly driven person will have proven ability to write and edit engaging editorial copy that resonates with our target audience globally - driving traffic, awareness and building a community.
UTELIER.com is an exciting, ground breaking ‘go to’ production site providing an on line platform facilitating connections between designers, manufacturers and expert fashion contacts within the industry.
As the Content and SM Editor of Utelier.com, you would be responsible for helping to define the voice of Utelier and the management and/or execution of editorial copy for the website, Social Media and email campaigns. All copy must be in the voice of Utelier, it must inspire the reader and provide them with useful information. The ethos and messages of the platform and services should be referenced and artfully woven into the content.
- Work with the founder to establish the user engagement strategy, adapting and optimising as necessary; overseeing and delivering content across the Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and beyond
- Develop tone of voice and house editorial style, ensuring both are applied across all channels
- Copy check all uploads onto the CMS and live site, working to deadlines to ensure all copy is well written in a concise, accurate and informative manner and in clear English.
- Grow and nurture a stable of key influencers/contributors, engage with our readers and industry professionals and encourage the sharing of Utelier content
- Deliver unique content and conversation with fashion professionals, encouraging their habitual return.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase newsletter sign up and data acquisition
- Manage a Social Media Executive , to be recruited.
- Organise and coordinate SEO implementation
- Monitor competitor social media activities, reviewing and reporting internally
- Various ad hoc duties
- Act as an ambassador for Utelier.com
The ideal candidate:
- Degree or equivalent in English, media, journalism, marketing, communications, fashion or other related subject
- 1-3 years’ experience, writing, editing and commissioning great fashion-related content – preferably on a digital platform. You will have a strong editorial point of view, good ideas, and sound knowledge of fashion, business and current affairs
- High level of creativity, combined with some knowledge and understanding of SEO
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Able to write clearly, concisely and to brief
- Able to work under pressure, meeting daily deadlines, with flexibility according to business and editorial needs and the ability to efficiently manage multiple project deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, with a focus on setting and delivering measurable KPIs and experience in using analytics and social media management tools
- Proven track record in driving traffic and implementing social media strategies
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and with a tenacious spirit. Highly self-motivated.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, results orientated and dynamic start-up environment
- Strong interest, deep appreciation and understanding of fashion, craftsmanship and manufacturing
- Ability to research, and generate creative ideas for content that will resonate across multiple channels
- Strong communicator and team player
- Fierce attention to detail
- Positive attitude
Please apply by sending your CV, examples of your work and a covering letter (including social media handles for personal or brand accounts you manage) to Dessy Tsolova at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in this opportunity.
Job applications close 16th October 2014