Passionate about fashion, news and a desire to work for the most influential business brand in the UK fashion industry? Drapers is searching for a Reporter to join our team.
Your key purpose will be to write exclusive news for both the daily website drapersonline.com and weekly Drapers magazine. This role will involve writing features, blog posts, recording videos and contributing to Drapers' social media output.
You will be expected to immerse yourself in the industry in order for you to break (ahead of national media) news stories that are essential to the people working in the fashion business, whether they are chief executives of multiple fashion retailers, smaller independent retailers, buyers, merchandisers, designers or any of the other dozens of important roles.
- Hold a BA/BSc or higher and also hold on NCTJ qualification or equivalent.
- Digital skills such as video and audio recording and editing are a bonus.
- Previous experience of news reporting, ideally for a weekly B2B title, and must show evidence of breaking off-diary news stories as well as building and maintaining contacts.
Core skills/competencies required:
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- An excellent command of the English language
- An ability to make contacts and build solid relationships with people in the sector
- You will be expected to speedily familiarise yourself with the structure of the fashion industry and its supply chain
You will be able to work in a team and take direction, as well as being a reliable self-starter and be able to work on your own initiative.
A sense of humor and a sociable personality is essential!
Salary and Benefits
Competitive + bonus
EMAP is a fast-growing UK and MENA content and subscriptions business with a portfolio of market-leading brands operating in some of the most influential business sectors – fashion, retail, architecture, construction & engineering and building services.
We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision makers across these sectors through a mixture of content, subscription, data, digital products and networking events.
As a result, we have over 84,000 loyal, paying subscribers and over 50,000 events customers who derive value from our content, the relationships we help them form and the networks which we provide access.
EMAP is based in the vibrant Shoreditch/Old Street area, famed as the ‘Digital Hub’ of London boasting a huge variety of shops, bars and restaurants.
Our offices are modern, open planned (built around a ‘dynamic working culture’ of hot-desking) and spacious, boasting kitchens on each floor and working areas designed for private and collaborative working – breakout areas with leather sofas and a library.