Packaging News, Reporter
Packaging News is looking for an enthusiastic and talented reporter to join its editorial team to work on its market leading publication and website, packagingnews.co.uk.
Packaging News is the leading title covering the wide range of issues. Our daily online coverage of the sector includes topics ranging from business and manufacturing to sustainability, design and legislation – meaning there is a huge scope of subject matter for our journalists to get their teeth into.
We currently reach 50,000 unique users on a monthly basis and this role will offer a great opportunity to play a key role in growing our audience through a range of multimedia content and social media. We also have a subscriber base of 10,000 for the magazine and the successful candidate will be able to help edit sections of the magazine.
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Writing and uploading news stories each day for the Packaging News website from a range of sources;
- Writing news, features, profiles and analysis pieces for both the magazine and website;
- Developing contacts across the packaging sector;
- Attendance at conferences, shows and other events;
- Helping to select stories for inclusion in the monthly magazine;
- Uploading content written for the magazine onto the website at the start of each month;
- Developing Packaging News’ presence on social media channels;
- Assisting with magazine production.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Solid news-writing and interviewing skills;
- Excellent time-keeping and prioritisation;
- Impeccable grammar and proof-reading;
- Interest in, or willingness to learn about, issues including business, retail, manufacturing, sustainability and design;
- Understanding of social media channels;
- Confidence with using content management systems such as Wordpress;
- Experience with InDesign would be ideal, although not essential;
- Willingness to travel within the UK and sometimes overseas when necessary.
To apply, please send your CV and samples of your work to Packaging News Editor Philip Chadwick email@example.com