Legal Week, News Editor
Incisive Media's flagship brand, Legal Week, has a vacancy for an ambitious news editor to lead this flagship title’s reporting team.
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced journalist to play a central role driving Legal Week’s editorial coverage online and in print.
Managing a team of reporters in London and working closely with Legal Week’s Asia editor in Hong Kong, the News Editor will be responsible for overseeing all of Legal Week’s news output.
Our online first approach means motivating the reporting team to produce high quality, contacts driven news and analysis to real-time deadlines will form a key part of the role. The off-diary nature of the job means a deep understanding of how to find and break stories is crucial, while an understanding of the commercial legal market would be a distinct advantage.
The news editor will work very closely with the editor and deputy editor, including on the recruitment, assessment and development of staff. With news sitting at the heart of Legal Week’s online offering, the news editor will also take a lead role overseeing Legal Week’s social media output.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the smooth running of Legal Week’s news output online
- Maintaining an excellent working knowledge of the professional information needs of UK and international commercial lawyers
- Consistently aiming for the very highest standards in news reporting and editing, honouring Legal Week’s tradition of quality, contacts-driven journalism.
- Ensuring very high levels of accuracy and being aware of potential legal risks.
We are looking for an experienced business journalist with the drive, ambition and flair to make a success of this vital and demanding role. Knowledge of the legal market would be a distinct advantage, but is not essential. However, the successful candidate must have:
- Previous demonstrable editorial experience, including solid experience of business or legal reporting
- Experience juggling a variety of roles, and the ability to adapt at short notice
- The confidence to represent the brand externally when required
- An excellent work ethic, a commitment to high standards, accuracy and professional integrity.
The role offers a highly competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive flexible benefits including a contributory pension scheme. We also offer flexible working and occasional working from home as well as excellent training and development programmes to not only advance our business, but our people as well.
Key words: reporter, journalist, correspondent