Retail Newsagent, News Editor
News Editor (Retail Newsagent)
Our promise to retailers who buy Retail Newsagent is that we will deliver ideas and insight to help them grow their businesses and profits that cannot be found anywhere else. As a paid-for weekly magazine, Retail Newsagent must be the first-choice business information source for proactive independent news and convenience retailers. The magazine’s editorial positioning – news, convenience, profit – is designed to energise independent retailers and the content should reflect this.
To achieve this, you will edit RN’s news and comment pages and lead the news team’s print and digital content; delivering high impact, exclusive and relevant news and campaigns that justify readers’ investment each week.
You will be a market expert with great contacts and will lead the news team by example, motivating and coaching our team to produce great news and strengthening our contacts with successful retailers and opinion formers. You will support the features team and champion our brand.
Person specification - Essential:
- You love sourcing and writing market-leading, accurate, lawful and innovative news content for print and digital and are an ideas person with an ability to track trends.
- You are an expert at developing contacts and networking, with the desire and confidence to represent the magazine at top industry levels and examples of social media interaction.
- You have great planning and organisational skills and are committed to hitting daily production deadlines and planning effectively through weekly news meetings.
- You love leading a team and a news section and have a track record that demonstrates this at either a local paper or a major B2B title.
- You thrive under pressure, demonstrated by an ability to accept criticism and defend the truth.
For a full job description please see the attachment.