Mirror Online, Assistant Celebrity and TV Editor
Mirror Online seeks an Assistant Celebrity and TV Editor
Role Responsibility The successful candidate will assist the editor in managing the site's round the clock celebrity and TV content, ensuring it is completely up-to-date with the latest and most important stories, pictures and follow up features. Live event coverage, including blogging and leading a growing team is a key aspect of the role, as is being on top and ahead of the celeb and TV diary.
The role requires senior-level experience of digital publishing. We seek a first-class journalist with excellent organisational skills, flair and originality.
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate needs to have:
- A passion for all things TV and celebrity - from a love of soaps to an encyclopedic showbiz brain encompassing everyone from the Kardashians to Lauren Goodger
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent web and social media skills
- Experience with MS Office and Google Docs
- Experience of Escenic content management systems would be useful but is not essential
- This job involves shift work, including some evenings and weekends.
- The job commands a competitive salary and we're looking to appoint someone as soon as possible
- If you have the relevant skills and experience then please apply now with your original CV, fully complete profile and please include three ways you would take our celebrity and TV coverage to the next level at the top of your CV
- Proven experience in a journalism role and bundles of enthusiasm are essential
25 days holiday
8 days bank holiday
About the Company
Trinity Mirror plc is one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishers. We publish over 150 newspaper brands, including the Mirror and the Daily Record, as well as iconic market-leading regional and local newspaper titles. Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror's strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining strong positions across print and digital channels.