Walk Magazine, Editor
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
The Ramblers is looking to recruit a skilled and experienced individual to oversee the production of a regular magazine aimed at inspiring, enthusing, informing and supporting existing Ramblers Members.
Part of this role will be working closely with an appointed agency and Assistant Editor to ensure that the magazine meets the highest standards in writing and design and is viewed as an excellent benefit of Ramblers Membership.
Essential Requirements include:
Skills / Abilities
- Skilled researcher;
- Able to carry out independent, collaborative and commissioned research;
- Able to create content and work with collaborators to edit and produce a magazine or similar publication;
- Confident and competent in the use of a range of other media such as email, social media and blogging;
- Competent use of IT tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets.
- Understanding of countryside and environmental issues affecting Ramblers and other stakeholders.
- Proven experience in project management;
- Proven experience in editing an organisation’s main publication.
Personal Attributes and Circumstances
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours including weekends as and when required;
- Able to work independently.
- Understanding of health issues.
- Relevant qualification in copywriting, writing for the web/social media, editing or researching.
- Experience in editing an organisation’s main publication in the NFP, Charity or Membership sectors.
To apply, pelase visit our website http://www.ramblers.org.uk/jobs
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 5th February 2015..
Interviews: week commencing Monday 9th February 2015.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.