MSN UK, Homepage, News and Sport, Money, Content Editors
MSN UK is one of the UK’s most popular websites, reaching nearly 40% of the UK every month.
MSN UK gets the vast majority of its content from premium partners, including The Guardian, The Independent, The Telegraph, Financial Times, The Week, Auto Express, AOL, Press Association, City AM, Sky News, Popsugar, The Verge, Business Insider among dozens of others.
We are currently recruiting a number of content editors to work at our office situated near Victoria Station in central London. We require editors with a strong editorial judgement, and also editors with specialised knowledge as outlined below.
- Using your passion, your role is to deliver a timely, exciting and flawless experience every day to our users, partners and advertisers
- You will have strong editorial judgement and well-honed digital media skills
- You will have a strong understanding of either:
We are currently recruiting for two positions:
- Current Affairs, News and Sport
- Money, business and personal finance. Knowledge of or keen interest in the automotive area would also be useful.
- You will ensure that the MSN properties on which you work showcase the best content curated from the best partners updated in a timely fashion.
- You will be required to work on MSN across multiple platforms including the web, apps on Windows and Windows phone, iOS and Android and future products that may augment or replace these
- You will have a strong understanding of real-time analytics and tools and be comfortable optimising the homepage to improve engagement
- You will have a strong ability to coordinate and manage relationships between different teams, balancing the needs of the user, commercial targets and breaking news
- At all times you will be on top of the news agenda. Identifying relevant and upcoming stories and choosing the best coverage
- To ensure MSN’s offering is always up to date, you will be required to work as part of a rota which will cover, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- You will prioritise the best pictures, video and headlines, taking into account the requirements of content partners and users
- You will deliver a high quality experience, ensuring an optimal user experience
- You will also need to stay on top of the latest developments at MSN, testing new products, logging bugs, suggesting improvements and ensuring that problems are fixed swiftly
- You will work with partners, including news agencies and other publishers to plan and execute coverage of major events
- You will work with technical producers to help fix errors and implement improvements to ICE properties
- You will be required to work with the advertising team to maximise revenues and ensure targets are met
- You will be required to coordinate with offsite shift editors to ensure the verticals are always up to date and present the best quality experience
- You will ensure the best social media coverage of your verticals
Qualities & skills needed
- Energy, Determination, “can do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task under pressure, good teamworking skills
- Experience of working with and attaining web traffic targets, Have great attention to detail
- Very high standard of literacy & numeracy, computer literacy
- Experience of working on websites and content management systems
- Experience of working with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
£30-35k plus bonus, commensurate with experience
Please make clear in your application which role(s) you wish to apply for:
- Current Affairs, News and Sport
- Money, business and personal finance
Send an email to the job contact: