Press Association, Consumer Technology Writer
The Press Association is seeking a talented writer to help produce editorial content on the Tech & Gadgets section of BT.com, the highly trafficked website which PA manages on behalf of BT.
Working closely alongside the Tech & Gadgets editor, you'll be expected to create compelling editorial - especially practical features, tips and explainers - on a daily basis.
The channel's core objective is helping users make the most of the technology in their lives - particularly computers, tablets and smartphones.
As such, the ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of consumer technology AND be adept at explaining complex issues in plain English.
To be considered for the role, you MUST have experience of working on at least one major website. A full list of requirements is below.
This is a full-time position, with most of the work during standard office hours. The Press Association offices are situated very close to Victoria Station in the heart of London.
* Create original content, including practical features, tips and explainers
* Monitor sources for interesting news and developments in the world of consumer technology
* Track performance of content to aid understanding of audience habits
* Assist in the management of the Tech & Gadgets pages on BT.com, ensuring that the best and most relevant content is promoted at all times
* Attend press launches and briefings
* Suggest content for promotion on BT's social media channels
* Hold a degree or NCTJ qualification
* Genuine passion for and knowledge of computers and consumer technology
* Demonstrable knowledge of home computing (particularly Windows)
* Experience in writing on consumer technology for at least one major website or magazine, working full-time or as a regular, office-based freelancer
* Strong creative skills - specifically, ability to create and present content in innovative ways and often from 'nothing'
* A solid understanding of SEO (writing for the Web)
* Proficient in use of Adobe Photoshop (or similar)
* Experience working with a web-based content management system
* Basic understanding of web analytics
* An established social media presence (preferred)
* Experience in producing video (preferred)
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV, a covering letter detailing your suitability plus copies of/links to your three best Tech-related articles to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as 'Tech writer application'.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to individual enquiries.you have not received an invitation for an interview by Friday 24 April, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.