London Evening Standard, Online Going Out Journalist
The Evening Standard website (standard.co.uk) is looking for a talented Journalist with an in-depth knowledge of London's food & drink, theatre, film, music and clubbing scene to join its features desk.
Candidates will have experience of writing and breaking stories for a digital audience, proven production skills and an awareness of SEO benefits.
Further requirements include:
- Keen interest in all subjects that are part of standard.co.uk/goingout
- Ability to generate and upload a high volume of stories to tight deadlines.
- Experience in pitching, researching and writing clean, compelling and accurate copy.
- A track record in website publishing
- Top subbing skills and the ability to write quick and clever headlines and captions.
- Experience in contributing to and growing social media platforms.
- Ability to produce traffic reports, with a record of doing so in previous positions.
- Good forward planning skills.
- Experience in photoshop and video editing
Candidates should have experience of working in a dynamic and fast-moving newsroom and be flexible to work within an all-day, seven-days-a-week environment.
Please send your CV, covering letter and three examples of your work, by clicking 'Apply now'.
Closing date Friday 1 May. If you haven't heard back from us by 20 May 2015, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.