The Stage, Production Sub-Editor
The Stage, the weekly newspaper for the entertainment industry, located in central London, has an excellent opportunity for a Sub-Editor to work on a well-established title. We require an eagle-eyed, meticulous Sub-Editor with strong InDesign and WordPress skills to work across print and online, ensuring that quality meets the highest levels of accuracy and house style.
Main purpose of the role
Undertake the sub-editing and production of editorial for online and print, ensuring that quality meets the highest levels of accuracy and house style. Ensure suitable images used and sourced. Create and proof pages, ensuring quality design/layout of newspaper pages and web content.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to editorial production, following quality, house style and speed of delivery requirements
- Copy sub and lay out allocated pages for weekly paper, locate/source pics when necessary
- Copy sub and lay out online copy using Wordpress
- Create and publish social media output, following house style
- Digitise paper for The Stage app
- Complete allocated pages and online content to agreed daily deadlines
- Always work towards accepted style, standards and legal requirements
- Provide cover for team members as required
Key skills required:
- Thorough working knowledge of InDesign and Wordpress
- Design knowledge using InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven experience of meeting production deadlines
- First-class copy-subbing and layout skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Journalism qualification including media law
Personal Attributes required:
- Organised and demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Able to positively contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
- Willingness to participate in continual learning
- Intuitive to business needs
This is a full-time position. The office is office based in Bermondsey Street, London SE1.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22 May.
Please email a CV, covering letter and a pdf of an example of your InDesign work to the production editor Catherine Usher, by clicking 'Apply now'.