Ceramic Review, Assistant Editor
Ceramic Review is the magazine for contemporary and historical ceramic art and craft, and is read worldwide. We are seeking an Assistant Editor to take on special projects and support the Editor from concept to publication. This position works within a small team of experienced and motivated staff.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- An NCTJ qualification, or in-house experience in a journalistic role, in a magazine office and of magazine production schedules
- A highly organised approach to one’s work
- A proven knowledge and interest in the relevant sector (art, craft, design)
- An ability to identify appropriate magazine material and to create content with commercial awareness
- Experience of the appropriate magazine software requirements, including InDesign.
- A strong ability to implement effective and specifically targeted social media content, and use SEO skills
- Clear understanding of copyright rules and image licensing
- Self-starter, able to work under pressure
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships
- To assist the Editor of Ceramic Review in all aspects of production of the magazine, from original research to InDesign input and final proofing.
- To oversee the efficient running of all magazine office administration, databases and record-keeping systems
- To collate content and write pages within the magazine and for aspects of our online offerings
- To conduct detailed picture research
- To oversee the editorial email and respond to all in-coming enquiries
- To assist in the development of marketing projects including supplements, awards, special projects and competitions
- To attend events on behalf of – and act as ambassador for – the magazine.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, with the completed Equal Opportunties Monitoring Form and Cover letter attached, responding to the Skills and Qualities section to Michelle Molyneux, by clicking 'Apply now'.
Application deadline: Monday, 11 May 9:00am
Interviews: May 19 and 21 (conditional, may change)
Job Hours: 17.5/hrs week
Employment type: One year contract, renewable
Location: 63 Great Russell St, London. WC1B 3BF
Employer: Ceramic Review Publishing Ltd (owned and operated by the Craft Potters Association of Great Britain Ltd.)
Ceramic Review Publishing Limited is an equal opportunities employer and therefore emphasises, in accordance with employment law that recruitment and selection decisions will not be made on the grounds of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, disability or age.