Virgin Media, Staff Writer
As Staff Writer you are responsible for writing highly engaging copy for Virgin Media Presents (www.virginmediapresents.com) and across the Virgin Media account. This will be everything from long-form opinion pieces to short-form listicles, via interviews and previews.
You will be writing about everything in the world of TV and film, so it’s essential that you’re engaged with pop culture, and are knowledgeable about what’s on screen.
Sports writing is a key part of this role, so it’s vital that you have experience in this area. Writing about football is a particular priority, so you need to know your Rooneys from your Ronaldos.
You will be expected to show that you have a good understanding of Virgin Media’s mainstream audience and what makes them tick. You’ll be able to work to short deadlines and deliver punchy content in the correct tone of voice for the brand.
- Write daily copy for Virgin Media Presents and other Virgin Media content vehicles
- Write sports copy for a weekly sports email – covering all sports but with a particular focus on football
- Generate ideas on a daily basis
- Build relationships with PRs to find out about upcoming shows
- Write short-form copy for Virgin Media Presents site, email and calendar
Key skills required for your role:
- Brilliant writing skills, and relevant experience to match
- Meticulous organisation skills
- Impeccable understanding of popular culture, particularly around TV, and the world of the Virgin Media customer
- Able to grasp tone quickly and turn around short-form copy to tight deadlines
- Bursting with big ideas
If you would like to apply, please send a CV, cover letter, and some relevant examples of your work, by clicking 'Apply now'.
Please be aware that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Redwood is an equal opportunities employer and therefore emphasises, in accordance with employment law that recruitment and selection decisions will not be made on the grounds of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, disability or age.