Real Homes, Content Editor
Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in offices in Central London and the Midlands. We are a multi- platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
The job holder is responsible for working with the Brand Editor in implementing the approved editorial strategy by commissioning, producing and editing content across all platforms, print, digital, live and video to ensure that the target audience of ‘people with projects’ sees the brand as the ‘first choice’ source of ‘ideas, inspiration and expert advice’. In the absence of the Brand Editor, the Content Editor will lead the brand content team and collaborate with senior members of the Single Content Hub (Brand Editors, Homes Editors and Content Production Editor) to ensure all content is delivered on time in accordance with the production schedule, and to budget.
- Support the Brand Editor in implementing the editorial strategy for the brand, aligned to the audience expectations and requirements, by planning commissioning, generating and editing content across all platforms, print, digital, live and video in accordance with the brand values and brief
- Grow the brand’s target audience of ‘people with projects’ across all platforms by producing the best quality, highest profile content within the competitor set
- Maximise content sharing opportunities (for non homes content) by ensuring the online commissioning system is implemented and that every effort is made to optimise the rights negotiated with the contributors. First choice should always be ‘All Rights’ following by an unrestricted licence to use the content within Centaur
- Contribute to the development of a strong social media profile for the brands within the Centaur Home Interest Media portfolio by generating regular content of relevance to the target audience
- Help to maintain and improve both editorial quality and production values through critical review of previous issues in collaboration with Content Director, Brand Editors and Content Production Editors.
- Working with the Brand Editor to plan each issue to put forward to the Content Director
- Generating new ideas for features across all platforms
- Work with the content production editor to e.g. both editorial quality and high production values
- Help to drive the content creation team to deliver all content on time in accordance with the approved editorial schedule to ensure the production hub has a steady flow of work and is operating as efficiently and smoothly as possible whilst maintaining the highest quality output
- Where required, to work with the exhibition department and attend live events
- Assist PR agencies engaged by Centaur Home Interest Media, specifically to help source content and ideas to generate media coverage for the brands within the Centaur Home Interest portfolio
- Help optimise commercial opportunities by communicating with the commercial teams on a regular basis and specifically by providing the print sales teams with all relevant supplier contact information six weeks ahead of the close of the issue in which the content is to be published, in accordance with the production schedule
BEHAVIOURS & KNOWLEDGE
- Collaborative and supportive working style with peers and direct reports
- In-depth technical and commercial knowledge of each market sector
- Ability to influence in a diplomatic and productive fashion
- Exemplary day to day people management skills as well as leadership skills that inspires trust and confidence in others
- Excellent feature writing and editing skills gained by experience producing editorial content for a consumer audience at a senior level
- Strong creative and visual skills
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, that includes ensuring information and data is passed up and down through all levels of employee in area of influence
- Ability to organise self to work efficiently and manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Quality and quantity of content produced across all platforms - measured by assessing their personal output
- Ensuring all content is produced in accordance with the production schedule
- Ability to deputise effectively in the role of Brand Editor whenever required
- Increase relative print audience reach – measured by comparing the year on year ABC audited circulation figure for newstrade and subscriptions against the indexed performance of the wider home interest market
To apply, click 'Apply now'.